This magical destination wedding took place on a Disney Fantasy Cruise in the Caribbean and was photographed by HerMan Photography.
Planning any wedding can be a stressful thing—but at the same time, you want your wedding to be the best it can be. After all, this is a huge moment in your life, a big celebration, something that comes once in a lifetime. So, why not go the extra mile (or a few thousand miles, as the case may be!) and plan a destination wedding?
Destination Wedding Experts
The wonderful part about planning a destination wedding is that, since you aren’t on location, a lot of the planning and prep is done by local destination wedding experts. You can hand over the minutiae and set-up of the day to people whose job it is to organize and plan, which means you get to sit back and relax instead of stressing out. There’s no need to worry about meals when flights, hotel stays, and meals are all included in the planning, so you get to focus on the more important things, like the dress and the guest list.
The Resorts Are Amazing
Oftentimes, beachside weddings are done at gorgeous resorts, so that you and your guests can stay for a few days and enjoy everything that the beach has to offer. Whether it’s glass-bottom boats or kayaking or anything in between, there are plenty of adventures to be had. And if you’re looking for a little quiet, there’s nothing better than a secluded resort on the beach and a private room.
The Celebration Lasts for Days
Most people who do a destination wedding have their guests come out for multiple days so that they can truly experience everything a location has to offer. It’s a getaway for you and your friends and family, so why not make the most of it? Besides, gorgeous locations like this are the perfect place to honeymoon when the party is over anyway!
And of course, when you schedule your destination wedding, don’t forget to schedule your photography. HerMan Photography is ready to travel with you and to celebrate your big day just the way you want it to be- anywhere in the world.
We actually met these two amazing people at a wedding for a different couple of ours: Joanne and Matt. Livia and Vincent were in their wedding party then—and now, the tables were turned. It was so great to see these friends all together again.
On the day of the wedding, Livia and Vincent both started out at their Toronto home with light-hearted door games and a traditional tea ceremony for both of their parents. While we were there, we also grabbed a photo of Livia with her favourite Hello Kitty, which she has kept since she was a child.
Before the wedding, Livia and Vincent had written beautiful, touching cards to each other, and they were so beautiful, we wanted to share parts of them with you:
To my dearest wife,
Thank you for choosing me to be your partner in life. Being with you, I understand the complete meaning of love…I think my life would be less colourful without you around. There’s really no-one else I would rather spend the rest of my life with… I guess that’s what happens when you’ve your soul mate: That one special someone in your life who you never let go of… You truly are my best friend.
Dear Vincent, the love of my life,
I can’t believe this day is finally here as we make our promise to spend the rest of our life together. . . . I can’t wait to walk down the aisle and see your handsome face. . . .I can tell you honestly that coming back to Toronto was the best decision I’ve ever made in my life, and I don’t regret any part of it. . . . You are the centre of my everything in life and more. You are the one who makes my life complete, and I promise you I’ll love you forever until the end of time… I can’t wait to call you my husband.
The church itself was filled with history that you could see pouring out of every corner. It was originally established in 1822, though as the Catholic population in the area continued to expand, so did the church. In 1880, the bigger church was designed in the Italian Romanesque style, and from there, more artwork was commissioned, with four major paintings completed in 1893 and an all-wood organ installed in 1898—a detail that was simply amazing to hear inside the church itself in person.
With that kind of history all around us, it wasn’t hard to feel the grandeur of this particular wedding—from the rings to the readers and the marriage itself and everything in between. It was simply breath-taking every step of the way.
It had been raining all day, but it stopped suddenly as soon as the ceremony had finished. We immediately jumped on the opportunity to get the big group photo we wanted to take outside and directed everyone out. We had the whole group cheer the couple on and bless them as they came out. What’s more, stopped raining again when we were photographing Livia and Vincent together at the University of Toronto.
From there, we headed to the Liberty Grand, which is one of the few traditional ballrooms in all of Toronto. It was originally built in 1926, so again, this gorgeous reception venue only added to the grandeur and sweeping feeling of the whole day. Complete with crystal chandeliers and twenty-seven-foot ceilings, not to mention iron balconies, arched windows, and columns, the whole place feels like something out of a storybook.
It was the perfect setting for some truly touching moments, like the father/daughter dance that brought Livia to tears. Her father stole our hearts as well in the moment that he had shaken hands with Vincent, so seeing this dance with his little girl was something else entirely.
Vincent & Livia, thank you for asking our team to document your wedding day. We loved being part of your celebrations and wish you both the best.
Engaged and looking to hold your upcoming dream wedding in Toronto? If so, you’re in luck! Regardless of your guest list size or type of venue desired, the options are endless in this city. Read below to find out what 20 of Toronto’s most amazing wedding venue choices are for your nuptials!
1. Graydon Hall Manor – Home to sprawling gardens, fountains and a beautiful estate overlooking the Don Valley, this venue is the perfect location for both indoor and outdoor weddings.
2. Allen Gardens Conservatory – Host your nuptials in this pretty, 100-year-old location surrounded by tropical and seasonal plants.
3. Palaise Royale – A spectacular, state-of-the-art venue that offers a two-tiered outdoor deck overlooking Lake Ontario.
4. Sunnyside Pavilion – Enjoy a beachfront wedding in the outdoors risk-free within Sunnyside Pavilion’s covered second floor terrace.
5. Oakdale Golf and Country Club – Service and luxury are paramount during your wedding in this venue’s tent-covered, large patio – perfect for any weather.
6. Steam Whistle Brewery – Featuring cityscape views, 30-foot ceilings and a rustic interior, this venue is the opposite of a traditional banquet hall.
7. The Berkeley Church – Stained glass windows, exposed cement walls and a large stage await your upcoming wedding.
8. Casa Loma – Dreaming of a wedding in a castle that features architectural wonders such as marble details and picturesque gardens? If so, look no further than Casa Loma!
9. The Royal Conservatory of Music – Offers many incredible room options, including The Leslie and Anna Dan Galleries that features floor-to-ceiling glass windows with views of the quiet Philosopher’s Walk.
10. The Distillery District – With its numerous restaurants, art galleries and cafes available for events, the perfect location for your wedding may be found here.
11. The Warehouse Event Venue – Enjoy one-of-a-kind surroundings coupled with 30-foot ceilings and an elegant cocktail area.
12. Rosewater Room – An intimate venue option that offers an open concept design featuring handcrafted chandeliers.
13. York Mills Gallery – Offering guests an “urban chic feel” in the venue’s 15,000 square foot, loft style space.
14. Royal Ontario Museum (ROM) – Have your wedding surrounded by history inside the ROM, Canada’s largest museum.
15. Grand Luxe – Sophistication is found within the ballroom’s 22-foot custom marble wrapped bar and black and white hardwood dance floor.
16. Four Seasons – Located in Toronto’s swankiest neighbourhood, luxury is found in this glamourous space.
17. Art Gallery of Ontario – Among the most distinguished art museums in North America, the perfect choice for art admirers and couples wanting a luxurious event.
18. 99 Sudbury – A contemporary, minimalist space that offers uniqueness and versatility at a wedding.
19. Hart House – Located in the heart of the University of Toronto, this exceptional venue offers beautiful architectural details throughout its elegant rooms.
20. Evergreen Brickworks – Not only does this venue incorporate nature into its urban setting, but it also encourages sustainable practices.
Choose HerMan S as Your Wedding Photographer!
Once a location has been chosen, it’s important to start making decisions about wedding service providers, including choosing a photographer. Specializing in destination weddings but also experienced with local Toronto weddings, HerMan Photography is your answer for capturing your special day. With almost a decade of experience, HerMan Photography will ensure your dream wedding will be photographed expertly at whatever venue you choose! Contact us today for more details about our wedding photography services!